February 23, 2009

Now We Shall See What God Will Do

Spring snuck up on us this week. Last weekend rained and blew winter upon us with fury and force. But this week? Mild as weak tea. Sunshine. Fresh, warm air. T-shirts and bare feet. All my windows open.

Mmmmmmm . . . I'm one happy girl right now. :)

And when I get around to unloading the last six months' worth of pictures from my digi camera, I'll take a few of our beautiful Spring and post 'em. ;)

Amazing the change one week can bring, eh? Last Sunday, clouds covered the sky. We bundled up in jackets and hoods before going to church. The windshield wipers swish-swished as we drove. And my husband was still employed.

Here we are, a week later. The weather sings a spring symphony to me every morning when I wake up. Caleb brings me the fuzzy caterpillars he finds (they're hatching en mass right now). And my husband is looking for a new job.

Yep, we're officially a causaulty of the economic recession.

We knew it was a possibility. Jason's company hasn't done well financially this last year; on Thursday, they laid off 10% of their employees. Jay was one of them.

Now this is the part where I'm supposed to sigh and worry and fret, right? Don't wives usually do that when their husbands lose jobs? Well, maybe so. But I'm not. Neither is Jay. And we don't want you worrying and fretting for us.

We're actually excited about all this.

Jason hasn't been happy at his job for a long time. We've spent a lot of time in prayer about it this last year, and we feel that God is now starting to answer those prayers and provide us with direction and purpose. He has already shown Himself mighty to provide for our needs; now we are waiting to see what He has in store for Jason and by extension, our family as a whole. Something's ending, but something new is about to begin. That's how we feel. And beginnings are exciting, aren't they? Isn't that what Spring is all about?

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

I'm glad to see you have such a positive and trusting outlook on this. I think that over time we are all going to find ourselves in a place where we need the same view. Trusting in the Master wholly and completely. We have to know that we know God has never forsaken those who trust in Him. It's going to come down to more than just saying it, we'll be tested in it also. But, His Word never fails! And when our faith is tested, it makes us stronger. Just like the torrential downpours of spring help establish the growth of the plants before the harsh summer comes.

Philippians 4:19 : And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Trusting with you guys! :)

Nicole said...

Thank you so much, LeAnna, for the comment. I've been reading I and II Peter lately, and they totally speak of trials and persevering. And trust.

But I especially appreciated your metaphore of the spring rains bringing growth. What a beautiful and perfect picture. =)