January 25, 2013

Brave First Steps

We took our first step into a brave new world today.

Nothing dramatic occurred to mark this day as different or special. We ran errands this morning. Ate lunch around the computer. Played World of Warcraft together. In a little while, I'll close the lap top, venture into the kitcehn, and make a double batch of waffles to put in the freezer. Oh the excitement!

But whether out of the ordinary or no, today is worth noting.

Today, Caleb started on ADHD medication.

This day has been a long time coming. Even as I picked up the prescription last night, I wondered.

Are we doing the right thing? It's a mother's perogative to worry about her child. Isn't it also a mother's perogative to want the very best for him?

That's where I am. Torn. Between worry and determination. Lord help me.

I guess only time will tell.


No comments: