November 23, 2008

Holding Our Plans Loosely (and more prayer requested, please)

Hey friends . . .

So I need to apologize for the panic-mode post I wrote last night (for those of you who never saw it - I deleted it today - keep reading). I wrote that post in haste, without having all the information, and now I need to correct what was said.

(Note to self: Act, don't react. And taking things to God in prayer before flying off the handle isn't such a bad idea, either)

Anne has not been diagnosed with leukemia. Not yet, anyway. The doctors don't know what's wrong with her. She's undergoing a ton of tests right now as they try to figure things out and she will probably be at the hospital several more days at least.

Her condition is still pretty serious, so we would very much appreciate your continued prayers. Her blood platelet count is dangerously low. For those of you who don't know, platelets are what make your blood clot when you get a cut so that you don't continue to bleed. Anne's platelets have been low for a while, because she started bruising all over her body about a week ago, (that's what initially alerted her and my dad that something was wrong). She is also having bad headaches and trouble breathing when she's on her feet for any length of time. She's completely quarentined right now, so no one who's sick can come near her and she can't leave her room at the hospital.

Sooooooo, she still needs prayer. Lots and lots of prayer. The doctors are doing a bone biopsy tomorrow on her hip to determine if its leukemia or something else entirely. We're hoping for the "something else entirely" option.

Obviously, this has changed our holiday plans, and I'm planning at this point to drive out there Thursday by myself and stay with her and my dad for a few days. Jason is going to stay home with Caleb because, let's face it, a three foot tall tornado is not really a good idea in a hospital ward. I can better help out my dad and Anne if I don't have to watch Caleb, and Caleb will be easier to take care of here at home instead of in the desert. Maybe not the most ideal situation, but then, Anne in the hospital isn't really ideal, either.

So that's where we're at now. As Mishel wrote recently on her blog, we're holding our plans loosely. Things could change at a moment's notice, and we're trying to be ready if and when they do.

Thanks in advance for your prayers. We really appreciate them.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

3 comments:

Ashleigh (Heart and Home) said...

Wow, girl... still praying for all of you. Definitely let me know if you need help with Caleb or anything--leave my number with Jason. Praying for peace and for healing. Love you!

Linds said...

Same as Ash said, Cole. We're praying for you and for your dad and Anne. Call me if you need to talk and keep me posted.

Love you!
Linds

La Petite Maison said...

OK, I'm glad to hear that the doctors are still doing all they can to solve this medical mystery. Josh said that you were quite frantic that day. We're praying for y'all.