December 24, 2008

A Christmas Meme Just For You

I saw this Christmas Meme ( I have no idea how to pronounce that . . . Mem? Meem? Meh-Meh?) over at Thoughts and Whatnots and decided to give it a go. I've been getting to know LeAnna over there (Hi! Hope you don't mind I stole your Meme!), and this looked like such fun. So here you go, a Merry Christmas Eve Meme from me to you. =)


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper!!! Lots and lots of it, too! Bags are too easy to peek into . . .

2. Real or fake tree? I prefer real; I grew up with a real tree every year. But alas, we have a fake one. Easier to care for, not such a fire hazard, or so my husband tells me. ;) Sure miss that pine smell, though. =(

3. When do you put up a tree? Since it's fake, right after Thanksgiving . . . I guess there's something good about a plastic tree. =)

4. When do you take it down? By Valentine's Day, if I'm lucky. Kidding, kidding! I only did that one year . . . no, usually after New Years. Before, if I'm really with it. Which does happen on occasion.

5. Do you like eggnog? Bleh! Absolutely NOT! I don't eat anything with "egg" in the title, except maybe egg rolls. That goes for omlettes and quiche, too. *Makes sour face*

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Anything American Girl. From about 10-14 years old, I played with my Molly doll. =) One Christmas, I got Molly's radio and matching pajamas that my mom had made.

7. Hardest person (people) to buy for? Usually my dad.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom, my husband, my son . . . the list goes on.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep. In fact, I have two. My pewter Precious Moments one sits on the window sill above the kitchen sink and my clay one from Peru is in the bathroom.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I didn't know you could email Christmas cards . . . I mail mine. Never mind they might be a bit late from year to year . . .

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A Barbie clothes set. I never had barbies growing up; course, the relative who gifted me the barbie clothes didn't know that . . . I was still bummed.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Carol, both the Muppets version and the one with George C. Scott made in the 1980s.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Depends. When I was into crafts and such, I'd start making gifts in September. If I do baking gifts, not till December. But on average? Prolly October/November. That totally didn't answer the question, did it?

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. Of course not! What sacrilege! What heresy! Now I have re-gifted a wedding present . . . but that's different. Totally.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Um, everything? All things sweet and chocolate-y and peppermint-y.

16. Lights on the tree? Wasn't aware another camp existed . . . are there really people who don't put lights on their trees? Can we say a prayer for them?? Oooo, unless they're blind . . .

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. I like Celine Dion's version, but I've heard many other good ones.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. With family. =)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Probably. But I'm too lazy to list them here. I remember Dasher and Prancer and Cupid were always my favorites. (Cupid is a reindeer, right?).

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Nothing currently. Hoping to find something on sale after Christmas and put it away for next year.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas pajamas are opened Christmas Eve. Presents wait till morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The traffic! I can't go food shopping without playing bumper carts with people on every aisle. And don't even ask me about the parking lot . . .
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Every year we add an ornament to commemorate something important from our year. A star with two bears for the year we were married. A rocking horse picture frame for Caleb's first Christmas last year. A diploma for the year I graduated college. Etc.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and my special corn fritters. Mmmmmmm! Oh, and Mom's apple pie. Darn it! Now I'm hungry.

25. Favorite Decorations? All of 'em. =) I don't have a favorite. They come out of their special box each year after Thanksgiving and decorating is like getting reaquainted with old friends. Well, ok, I guess I especially like my two Christmas Boyd's Bears.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would love a renaissance-period dress, complete with hat. Not that I dress up all that often, but hey, it's Christmas and I'm allowed to dream, right?

Merry Christmas, everyone! Now I'm off to work some Christmas magic with Jason; we have a train set to put together and a pup tent to put up. Our livingroom is going to look like a toy shop (Or Ikea . . . either way. =)

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

Ahhhh! My hubby won't eat eggs at all, but somehow doesn't seem to mind tiramisu and coconut cream pie (both of which are loaded with eggs...) he claims he was traumatized as a kid, when he cracked open an egg and there was a baby chick inside. Yeah, yeah, whatever. :P Enjoyed your Meme, hope ya'll had a merry Christmas!

Nicole said...

Yeah, I don't have any good reason why I don't like eggs. Just can't stand the smell!

But I do like tiramisu. =)