January 28, 2009

A Quickie Post

I want to thank all of you for your kind comments, emails, and phone calls over the last few days. I've really appreciated them. So has my mom. We are planning a small family service Sunday for Grandma and my mom and I are working on a remembrance book at Shutterfly, too.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I've been extremely busy. We've been dealing with toddler nap wars over the last three weeks, and the days my son doesn't sleep tend to be long, exhausting ones. Add to that the fact that we are *finally* getting Caleb in for speech assessments and therapy (yeah, he's still not talking...) and the schedule begins to fill up.

Today my Grandpa Rex is coming to visit from Georgia along with my Aunt; we are really excited to see him! Caleb was 5 months old the last time he was out here in Cali. (and my Aunt, who lives in Lake Elsinor, has never met him!) So that will be fun. =)

But basically, life is crazy. So I'm asking ya'll for a little grace and patience if I don't return your phone calls/emails/tells in WoW immediately. I love you all and I promise I will not drop off the face of the Earth. I just need some time.

In the meantime, I will leave you with this verse that has been seeing me through these past few weeks:

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate is the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires."
II Peter 1:3-4



1 comment:

LeAnna said...

I'm so sorry to read about your Grandma, though we know she's in a much better place. Praying the Lord will continue to comfort your family!

Thank YOU for the prayers and encouraging comments, they mean so much.

Don't tell me toddlers have nap wars. No, no, no, I don't want to hear it! ;) I want to hear that after they're 3 months old they never fuss about sleeping again. :P
Ha!