May 18, 2011

Let It Go

Some people bring you gifts, some bring you bricks to weigh you down
So they can swim a little higher while you drown
Some people mean so well, their way was the best way that they've found
But any other way you choose is a brick that weighs you down

So tell me what do I do with this backpack full of bricks?
Of sticks and stones and words that stuck to me like ticks?

(Chorus)
Let it go, let it be
Brick by brick we can be free
Of all the words we say til we were our own enemies
Let it go, let it be
Brick by brick we can believe
In the person God intended us to be
Let it be.

{He holds me close, holds me tight. Through my tears and my confusion. Through the music that brings me to my knees. My sisters worship all around me, each alone with Him.

And then he whispers in my ear, "Let Me lead."

I smile. Lay my head on his shoulder. The questions begin to melt away. I'm so tired of trying, so tired of striving. And in my surrender, He begins to sing sofly.

A new song.

Just for me.}

~~~

My friend Tabitha shared this song with us Sunday morning at the women's retreat. It completely captures everything we learned last weekend, down to the very detail of bricks and backpacks. So, of course, I wanted to share it with you. :) Enjoy!



No comments: