May 16, 2008

More Random Vignettes

My son eats strawberries! A week ago, he detested them. This morning, he was pointing at the carton as I sat munching at the table, and making his "uh-uh" sounds. I sat him in his high chair, gave him a small piece for starters, and voila! He ate it! Then, he wanted more!

If you're wondering why this has me so excited, please remember that toddlers are notorious for being picky eaters. Anything "new" is highly suspect in their small eyes and therefore considered contraband until proven otherwise.

Yeah, ok, so it was fruit and it was sweet . . . but I'm not letting that rain on my parade. No siree.
~~~
Remember my brilliant epiphany the other day? The one about the bookshelf? Well, here's how that turned out:

And in case you're wondering (although if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you really shouldn't be), this is not a one time occurence. Nope. I wish. Every morning, Caleb attacks his book shelf with gusto and decides that books are so much for fun to play with when they're on the ground.
And since I'm sick. and. tired. of picking them up, on the ground they stay.
I'm starting to rethink my epiphany. Suggestions welcome.
~~~
In other news, my dear friend Heather is down from Santa Barbara for the weekend! Woohoo! She is interviewing for an internship down here at the moment, but this afternoon, with her work far behind her :), we are going to see Prince Caspian! She and I have been fellow Narnia nerds since Point Loma (and probably before), so it's only fitting that we see this movie together. :) I'm excited. Can you tell?
Happy Friday, friends!

No comments: